Your Day of Renewal at Villa Maria del Mar
Saturday – October 15, 2016 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
On the beach in Santa Cruz – 21918 E Cliff Dr., Santa Cruz, CA
We fulfill our human potential – God’s dream for us – by being healthy, happy, and holy
Movement, reflection, sharing, music, drawing, journaling, photos, Taize prayer
$85 fee includes morning snack, lunch, and all materials. Save $30 bring a friend for $140. Special bonus – ocean views. Scholarships available.
Your Day of Renewal
- Opening Exercise: Chair yoga: Breathing, Coming into the Presence, Music, Reading, Movement
- Visioning Exercise – What is God’s Dream for Me?
- Reflection and Sharing
- Journal Exercise – How do I respond to God’s dream for me?
- Writing, drawing, sculpting
- Nutrition and Exercise: What part of my life gives energy, wholeness, and peace? Are foods merely physical? How does spiritual nourishment feed my physical body and change it.
- Mind, Body, Spirit Exercise: Breathing, Music, Movement, Prayer, Reconciliation
- Reflection Period
- Angelus – guided meditation and movement
- Relaxation Exercise: Paying attention to your body after lunch; rest and awakening
- Affirmation Exercise: (Guided Meditation) Happiness, Health, Holiness: Self Affirmation and Encouragement
- Taize prayer and Movement
- Sharing insights, observations, blessings
- Sending Forth: Music, movement, and singing.
Your Hosts: Randy and Kathy Pozos
Drs. Randolfo and Kathleen Pozos are graduates of Gonzaga University and are members of the Jesuit honor society Alpha Sigma Nu. They received their doctoral degrees in anthropology with concentrations in religion, health care, and social inequality from UC Berkeley
In addition to their professional work in healthcare services including wellness programs, Randy and Kathy have integrated wellness, positive psychology, and spirituality into this program. As educators and catechists, they have presented programs in English and Spanish for many years.
Randy and Kathy have been members of Resurrection Catholic Community in Aptos, CA for 28 years. They have three children and two grandchildren. Randy is a deacon candidate for the Diocese of Monterey and has been assigned to Holy Cross Parish in Santa Cruz for his pastoral internshipRead More